up to 110 kW Screw Terminal
KG switches are excellent switch disconnectors. They have high through fault and fault making capabilities and are especially designed for use as main switches and maintenance switches for machine tools, distribution panels and switchboards.
KG switches are extremely compact while featuring unusually large isolation distances between open contacts for maximum safety. KG ON/OFF switches offer unusually high dimensioned clearance and creepage distances between terminals which are designed for time saving "straight-line" wiring. Forced opening and closing main contacts are standard.
Main switches and main switches with emergency function are supplied with a padlockable handle and protective cover for all the incoming terminals for switch types up to KG315. KG210, KG250 and KG315 are also supplied with protective covers on the outgoing terminals.
Main switches are fitted with black handles. Main switches with emergency function are supplied with red handles and contrasting yellow face plate.
2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 pole
- Change Over Switches
3 and 4 pole
The Panel Mountings are well used mountings which cover wide application ranges.
They consist of two main groups.
- The two/four hole mountings, which are fixed by (2/4) screws around the center shaft hole.
- While with the single-hole mountings the shaft hole is used for fixation.
The two/four hole mountings provide several variations which make them fit for all tasks.
Base Mounting is used to fix a switch at the rear side, therefore it is the commonly used mounting for larger distribution cabinets.
The switch can be mounted at the base panel by two or four screws and also by 'Snap-On' for DIN rail mounting. For this mounting, several door clutches with or without padlock are available.
In plastic enclosure
The Isolating Enclosures are classified into five groups:
- KS-, KL-, CS-, CL-Enclosures (IP66/67): With cover coupling with or without cover interlock, strong durable plastic and increased wiring space.
- ST1-Enclosures (IP54): With abundant wiring space and entries with thread.
- PN-, PF-Enclosures (IP42, IP65): Small dimensions and entries with thread.
- PFA-PFF-Enclosures (IP54, IP65): For KG-switches only; entries with thread, with and w/o cover coupling and strongest durable plastic.
- PK-Enclosures (IP44): Enclosure with Lateral drive and entries with and w/o thread.